Metal cutting is a necessary process for most metal processing. For example, in sheet metal processing, we need to cut the steel plate into the rough shape we need and then finish it into the required parts. Numerical control flame cutting uses a digital motion control system, through the system to write processing programs or transfer processing files or graphics, combined with a stepper motor or servo motor driver, drive stepper motor or servo motor to control the machining axis of the machine tool to achieve movement, you can The processing technology of flame cutting is realized, and the required metal shape is cut through combustible gas. Huafei CNC specializes in the production and research and development of CNC cutting machines and summarizes the advantages and disadvantages of flame cutting based on years of experience.
What are the advantages of flame cutting?
1. Flame cutting can cut very thick carbon steel, with a wide cutting range, and can cut 6mm-300mm thick steel plates.
2. The price of the flame cutting machine is relatively low, and the initial investment cost is also low.
3. Compared with plasma cutting, the cutting opening is flat and does not have a large slope.
What are the disadvantages of flame cutting?
1. The cutting requires long preheating and perforation time and the cutting speed is slow.
2. The thermal deformation during cutting is large, especially when cutting (0.5-6mm) thin plates, the cutting accuracy is not high.
3. Unable to cut non-ferrous metals such as copper, aluminum, and stainless steel, and few materials can be cut.
4. The method of burning fuel has serious environmental pollution and is not environmentally friendly.
5. The flame cutting accuracy is low, the slit is wide, and the second processing is required after flame cutting.
The advantages of oxygen-propane flame cutting compared with oxygen-acetylene flame cutting:
1. The ignition temperature of propane is 580℃, which is much higher than the ignition temperature of acetylene gas (305℃), and the explosion range of propane in oxygen or air is much smaller than that of acetylene, so the safety of oxygen-propane flame cutting is higher than Oxygen-acetylene flame cutting.
2. Propane gas is a by-product of the petroleum refining process. It is easy to prepare, low in cost, easy to liquefy and fill, and has little environmental pollution.
3. The oxygen-propane flame temperature is moderate. When cutting with reasonable cutting parameters, there is no obvious burning phenomenon on the edge of the cutting surface, and no slag is attached to the lower edge. The roughness of the cut surface is better than oxygen-acetylene flame cutting.
The disadvantages of oxygen-propane flame cutting compared with oxygen-acetylene flame cutting:
1. The flame temperature is relatively low, and the cutting preheating time is slightly longer.
2. Oxygen consumption is also higher than oxygen-acetylene flame cutting, but the total cutting cost is much lower than oxygen-acetylene flame cutting.